(Parent Company of Air-Vest.com)
Mugen Denko, LTD
manufacturer of the Hit-air brand of Safety apparel is the world’s oldest manufacturer of airbag safety apparel. Mugen Denko began research and development work on an airbag system in 1995. The airbag jacket was invented and patented by Mr. Kenji Takeuchi. Three years later in 1998, Mugen Denko presented the world’s first airbag jacket for motorcyclists.
The U.S. lags behind Europe in its establishment of legislation that requires standards for all Personal Protective Equipment such as safety apparel. The European Directive on Personal Protective Equipment was made law in 1989. The U.S. still has not established this type of legislation that has been in effect in Europe for more than 20 years!
Under the European Directive on Personal Protective Equipment CEC 1989, any clothing claiming to provide protection from injury must be tested and labeled as complying with the relevant standard. This applies to all safety equipment not just motorcycle apparel.
Under this directive, a product can only be described as "protective" if it provides protection from injury, the term cannot be applied to products that provide protection from weather.
In 1999, Mugen Denko launched its airbag jacket in Europe where the safety standards are the highest in the world. In that same year Mugen Denko supplied some of the top apparel manufacturers’ in Europe with airbag systems, including world famous S P I D I of Italy, I X S of Switzerland and LOUIS of Germany.
These are the among the achievements of Mugen Denko over the past decade:
• 2000 Awarded Gold Trophy at the "Salon du Cheval" in Paris with the HP model.
• 2001 Launched the Hit-air jacket.
• 2003 Supplied the Police Headquarters in Japan with the airbag vests for the motorcycle police.
Obtained the CE* Marking approval by the EU for our airbag vest of MC Model. Launched the airbag vest for horse riding.
• 2004 Supplied the Spanish Police with the airbag vests.
• 2005 Awarded the highest prize at the JPMS Motorcycle Show in France. Launched the buckle type one-touch connector of increased strength and reliability, jointly developed by YKK and Mugen Denko.
• 2006 Signed OEM deals with top-brand apparel manufacturers for the supply of airbag jackets and vests. Supplied the Imperial Guard Headquarters with airbag vests for horse riding. Launched smaller and lighter key box (Y-type), jointly developed by YKK and Mugen Denko.
• 2007 Authorized by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry to make a plan to develop the new business field on the basis of multisectoral collaboration.
• 2008 Introduction JV vest model improved materials. Introduction of the Female Jacket FR and FFE model (this latter one in agreement with European Standards established by FFE: Fédération Française d’Équitation)
New testings on Hit Air jackets and vests done by the JARI (Japanese Automobile Research Institute) bring up outstanding and positive results for safety.
• 2009 S-System: Introduction of an improved key box (a device to activate the airbag system) cutting the deployment time in half. Commissioned the world famous Japanese Automobile Research Institute (JARI) to conduct an Airbag Jacket Deployment Test. Of the 20 tests the fastest deployment speed test T-09* was 120msec.
*The CE marking certifies that a product has met EU consumer safety, health or environmental requirements CE stands for " Conformité Européenne ".
Prospect Enterprise & Development Company, LLC’s (PEDCO, LLC) history began in 1927 when Mr. Rosco Jackson established a Dry Cleaning business in the back of a barber shop under the name of Prospect Cleaners. Rosco Jackson was born in 1898; his parents were most likely former slaves. Despite being orphaned by the age of 6 and having only nine months of formal education he became very successful and wealthy during a period of American history where opportunities were great but also of a greater challenge for Black Americans. He was personally involved in running the business for nearly fifty years. After his death in 1977 the company went into a hiatus.
Prospect Cleaners’, services included manufacturing, repairing and cleaning apparel as well as providing custom alterations of apparel. Prospect Cleaners was a pioneer for the Dry Cleaning business in Jacksonville Florida. The original company closed after Mr. Rosco Jackson, the founder, died before Rueben Jackson, his youngest son was old enough to take over the business. After many years Rueben Jackson re-established the original company’s name as a tribute to his father. Even though the service provided by Prospect Enterprise & Development Company is no longer dry cleaning or manufacturing, Mr. Jackson has applied the sound business practices and high ethical conduct to his business that enabled his father to run a successful business for nearly fifty years. Prospect Enterprise & Development Company, LLC (PEDCO, LLC) operates as a debt free company as the original Prospect Cleaners did.
PEDCO, LLC is an innovative recreational products, design and marketing company. Our primary interests are in cutting edge products for the recreational industry. In 2004 PEDCO, LLC help to launch the Airetronics Airbag Apparel the first airbag apparel that was marketed in the USA. The Airetronics' brand had, among other problems, design flaws and it generally lacked styling that appealed to its target market. Then in February 2006 PEDCO was given the opportunity to launch the Hit-Air airbag apparel in the U.S. market.
The Hit-Air instantly impressed us with its superior airbag design, quality and workmanship and it style which in the USA market is very important. PEDCO, LLC is the only distributor in the USA that had or has all four brands of air-bag safety apparel. We are therefore uniquely qualified to evaluate and recommend which product is the best. In our professional opinion the Hit-Air is superior to all other brands. For this reason we only offer the Hit-Air brand to our customers.
PEDCO, LLC was the first USA Hit-Air Distributor to:
• Build a dedicated Hit-Air equestrian web site www.air-vest.com (2006)
• Commission a comprehensive market research for the equestrian market (2006)
• Employ our own stunt riders for the equestrian market and produce a high quality video (2006)
• Employ professional models both male and female for high quality sales collateral and brochures (2006)
• Have the Hit-Air product be a featured story on NBC TV (2008)
• Introduced new Equestrian Models (LV, SV and SV2) designed specifically for Eventing at ASTM meeting in Atlanta, Georgia November 2009.
2010 - The exclusive Advantage Airbag was introduced. Designed in collaboration between olympian horse back riders.